Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Library 2.0

I read several of the perspectives on Library 2.0. The ones I read all basically saw Library 2.0 as a positive development for libraries, and I agree. I have so enjoyed learning all of the new Learning 2.0 technology, and I look forward to putting this knowledge to use in service to our patrons. As librarians, we are basically in the lifelong learning business (so to speak) so we of all people should embrace the phenomenon that is Learning 2.0. It certainly isn't going to go away, even if there might be some of us who are reluctant to jump on board! ;-) The trick is to figure out just how we can make use of all of this technology in a practical sense. Libraries are already making use of tools such as blogs, MySpace, and Wikis as a way to reach out to and interact with their communities. When I think of all the various ways we could utilize this new technology, the possibilities seem endless. I think we've only just begun, and I am excited about what the future holds.

No comments: